Voices in the night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to move on?

Go down

How to move on? Empty How to move on?

Post by Actsofcourage Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:37 pm

I was in a tertiary camp recently.

I was chatting with a student during meal time.

She began to share with me her situation and her plight got me to wonder how does one move on in this situation.

She used to be a bubbly girl and she looked forward to school when she was younger. One day Her biological parents divorced and her custody as awarded to her mother. Her mother remarried and that is when her life started to turn around.

Within the 6 months after her step father had moved in, she was raped multiple times and she didnt even dare to tell her mother as she was threatened. She started to behave in a rebellious ways and she started to come home late. ( trying to avoid the contact with her step father).

Her mother wasnt aware of the domestic abuse at home, started to be angry with her for staying out late. She started to scold and beat her. All these welled up within her bitterness and anger.
All these negative emotions turned her to hurt herself and doing things that bring harm to herself.
She was crying every other night, She has no safe place to turn for refuge.

Now everytime, she returned home, she will locked her room door with a lock that only she has the access. his is done to protect herself.

She is suffering within and even her family member (mother) wasnt there for her and defend her.

How does she move on from here??

Actsofcourage
Admin

https://actsofcourage.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum