Voices in the night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trapped in a parents' comment.

Go down

Trapped in a parents' comment. Empty Trapped in a parents' comment.

Post by Actsofcourage Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:12 pm

I have a student whom i conducted a training to.
She left a deep impression in me.

Right from the start, she never sat with her classmates. She sat at the end of the classroom when the rest of her classmates sat in front of the room. Because of that, she caught my attention.

In the class activity, a simple task was assigned to her but she resist in doing her task. Her task was to cut the paper to a triangle shape with lines drawn to guide her cutting. She refused to cooperate in this activity. She kept saying that she couldn't do it. She was not able to do this.

That puzzled me greatly. So i probed deeper and that was when i realized that she felt that she was never good enough to accomplish this task. When i traced the source, i realized that everyday at home, as she has a special need, her mother repeatedly told her that it is difficult for her to do and always wanted her not to do it. Whatever the task might be. Progressively, she was caged in this comment that she has no confidence to do anything all by herself anymore.

She was suffering in this caged comment for a long time.

What can we do to help her to gain more confidence and independence?

Actsofcourage
Admin

https://actsofcourage.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum